Integrate background checks into CHMS so that finding out who needs to be screened can be easier and can be requested within the CHMS.
This would be great, but potentially it is a complicated one. I imagine that once Flows and associated things are revamped, managing these processes will become easier. We manage ours very well using Flows and custom fields etc, however it is not perfect. The only reason I suggest this is complicated is because each state/territory/country has very different background check requirements. Could it all be boiled down to a very small number of options? I think so, but there are nuances.
To give you our example:
1. Volunteer is nominated for a role, or expresses interest in serving
2. We send the pack (with a church body code of conduct to be signed and instructions for Working With Children Check) - some churches even ask for Police checks here
3. Code of conduct is signed
4. Approx 2-3 weeks later we receive a letter from Department Of Justice concerning their WWCC (this is where we handle negative notices...)
- Side note: qualified teachers don't need a WWCC
5. If the volunteer checks out, we move them through specific team requirements - for example referee checks for people who specifically work with children (kids teams, drivers etc)
6. If that all checks out, they proceed to inductions
Work is being done to integrate a third party skills management system, but that system is specific to a region and is an additional cost. This might be great, but it is an unknown still and I can only imagine there still needing to be a fair amount of internal management still required.
For now we manage internally, with reports to keep us across when things expire etc.
@Benjamin West: These are definitely concerns, and for customers in Australia this wouldn't really be possible at all, and what you've mentioned is basically what you need to do.
But in the USA this is a very different story, with a number of companies being available that we could integrate with and automate the process of the background check process, it's a different landscape when it comes to this. Reports and such would still be useful though!