It appears that I forgot to write a change log for last week... so this week's entry includes the things that changed in the last week as well.
- Improved handling of start times in events adjusting the end time to suit
- Improved handling of Chord Charts to accept chords such as B3(no2)etc.
- Fixed an issue with certain Russian Timezones not working correctly
- Fixed an issue in the existing people area when sorting by notes
- Fixed an issue with BETA Edit Multiple Services not displaying volunteers on Draft services
- Fixed an issue with BETA Edit Multiple Services not displaying volunteers for services in the past
- Fixed an issue with BETA Edit Multiple Services not letting you save end times correctly
- Fixed an issue with BETA Edit Multiple Services filtering available volunteers incorrectly
- Fixed an issue with V1 API accepting invalid people data
- Fixed an issue with V1 API accepting invalid financial account UUIDs
- Fixed an issue with contacting guests of an event with no guests
Quieter week this week for ChMS, but still some things to report on.
As always, we made some general improvements that should help everyone out.
- Made some improvements to Admin Side check-in that should speed up individual check-ins by up to 30%
- Improved display of the Registerbutton for Calendar Events on Mobile devices
As well as continuing to work on improved functionality for the new People system, we fixed a few issues that were raised with us.
- Fixed an issue where it was constantly giving you a message saying you had no access, when you did have access
- Improved the layout of fields, if the Name and/or Photo fields weren't included in the fields to display.
- Fixed an issue with song files for songs with / \ or ' in the file name.
- Fixed an issue with the mobile app displaying the wrong service time in the list of service requests
- Fixed an issue with locked down users creating multiple "Default Calendars" when they created new events
This week has definitely been an exciting week. Hopefully everyone is able to enjoy the changes made this week.
NEW: BETA Features
We added a new Settings page, under Settings > BETA, where super-admins can go in and enable specific BETA features in their account. As time goes on, the list of BETA features will change and update according to what's available.
Super-admins can choose to enable/disable specific features as well as choosing access permissions that can choose to use these new BETA features, or specific users by name.
NEW: Edit Multiple Services Rebuild BETA
The first such BETA feature we've launched, is the Edit Multiple Services rebuild. This largely focuses on improving the page loading speed of the Edit Multiple Services tool, but also has some nice little features like the ability to bookmark a URL to easily be able to go in and load the next 4 weeks of services of a particular service type and location.
NEW: People List BETA
The second BETA feature to release is the start of a rebuild of our People List. This makes a massive speed improvement for this page for churches with more than 5,000 members. Some churches should see page load times drop from 5+ minutes, to under 2 seconds. It also helps with sorting of special characters like Ö etc.
As always we worked on some bugs as well!
- Fixed an issue in the Events list where clicking on sub-pages for an event would give a 404 error on mobiles
- Fixed an issue with the Member area Financials view telling people the wrong information about how much was left to pay for Pledges
Behind the Scenes
We're continuing to work on improvements to Groups, such as getting the message board into the mobile app, as well as submitting group attendance via the app as well. Hopefully you'll see these in the coming few months.
We're also working on making the connections between our different products more streamlined and easy to setup.
More updates to come next week!
This week the ChMS developers have been mainly working on some behind-the-scenes changes that we hope you can see shortly.
This does unfortunately mean that I don't have exciting new features to share this week, but do have some good news about some bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue with the system not showing the correct confirmation window when deleting an individual
- Fixed an issue with the Member Area "Upcoming Events" widget displaying group meetings it shouldn't be
- Fixed an issue with the Parents With Children search filter returning parents with inactive children
As our company continues to grow and expand, we have decided to make use of a single release notes system for all of our products, so that it's easier for you, our customers, to find important information about changes to our system, whether that's new features, bug fixes or general improvements.
This will allow us to have all our important communication in the one place, instead of spread across multiple platforms.
- You can now set default note categories for notes written in people flows, under the "Edit" tab of each people flow.
- When scheduling an Email or SMS to send for a later date or time, the button will now say "Schedule" instead of "Send".
- Fixed an issue with chords such as Db(b5)not being handled correctly in chord charts.
- Fixed an issue pinned group messages displaying the wrong actions in group message boards.
- Fixed an issue with people in multiple demographics getting multiple birthday messages.
- Fixed an issue with custom reports not searching on number fields correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the list of names for adding people to service attendance wasn’t sorted correctly.
- Fixed an issue with sorting service teams giving a 404 error.
- Fixed an issue with push notifications for volunteer reminders going out for accounts with this disabled.
- Fixed an issue with the "Children (Names Only)" display field not sorting correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the “Greetings” section in the Member area and Admin Area not using the correct name.
- Added the ability for admins to submit unavailability for multiple people at once.
- Fixed an issue with deleting events redirecting to the wrong area.
- Fixed an issue with forms not displaying depending on how the content of the form was setup.
- Fixed an issue with event registration tickets cutting off data in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with Mailchimp lists not appearing in Safari.
- Improved the Department Picker window that appears when assigning department positions to people
- Improved translations in the color picker used in the system
- Improved font color styles in our LIVE tool for services, in particular for personal notes
- Fixed an issue where the family member icon was appearing in the roster for members with no family members
- Admins can now export form submissions as CSV files as well as Excel files
- Fixed an issue with deleted events causing issues with registration forms
- Fixed an issue with colored chord charts not coming through when printing a service's songs with lyrics and chords
- Fixed an issue with mass managing contact preferences not saving activity correctly
- Fixed an issue with importing groups not recognising ampersands in names correctly
- Fixed an issue with assigning admins in people flow steps